Markets & Local food
Raseborg is a paradise for lovers of quality locally-produced food. There is a dense network of local food lovers, producers and organic farms. A number of farmers sell their products through farm shops, markets and harvest festivals. In recent years Raseborg has also received a welcome influx of artisanal producers in the form of dairies, microbreweries, bakeries and even a distillery. Additionally, forests and meadows offer up a rich variety of wild herbs, berries and mushrooms.
Locally produced in Raseborg: Our Best Tips
Did you know that there is an exceptionally dense network of local food producers and organic farms in Raseborg? Raseborg is a foodie’s paradise! Locals and tourists alike can enjoy the wide variety and delicious tastes of local, organic food. Raseborg also hosts the Finnish Championship in Food Craftsmanship at the Novia University of Applied Sciences. Here you can also participate in the renowned Slow Food Festival in Fiskars. In most supermarkets in Raseborg you can find local, seasonal products for sale, especially in summer. If you fancy beverages from the local breweries, you’ll find local beers, ciders and soft drinks in supermarkets, restaurants and pubs.
- Take a tasting-tour at prize-winning Ägräs distillery and Rekola brewery in Fiskars.
- Visit the Backers organic bakery in Bollsta near Fiskars. Their rye bread won gold in the Finnish artisan food championship in 2016.
- Take a tour of Svartå Brewery in the culturally and historically unique environment of Svartå Manor. Taste the finished, locally produced artifact – ice cold beer – at the Svartå Manor restaurant.
Buy locally produced goods in Raseborg
- You can purchase cider and apple juice made from local Finnish apples during apple season at EKTA Brewery in Ekenäs.
- Take a turn off of Tenalavägen and stop by Frimans village shop. Frimans has an impressive assortment of cheeses produced both in Tenala and a little further away, and plenty of other local delicacies.
- In Mörby Gård’s shop you can enjoy the countryside atmosphere and buy organic beef, grains, and vegetables produced on the farm.
- From Rilax Gård you can pre-order organic beef that is fed on clean grass and kept in wonderful living conditions in a beautiful archipelago setting.
- You can buy tasty pastries and delicious bread at Wi-Box and Carl de Mumma in Ekenäs, as well as at Lilla hembageriet in Karis.
- Visit the Backers organic bakery in Bollsta near Fiskars. Their rye bread won gold in the Finnish artisanal food championship in 2016.
- Take a tour at the culturally and historically unique environment of Svartå Manor. Taste locally produced food at the Svartå Manor restaurant.
Market days in Raseborg
- Karis, Köpmansgatan, all year round on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7-14.
- Pojo, Pojovägen 8, small scale market, all year round on Fridays at 13-17.
- Ekenäs, Rådhustorget, all year round on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7-14.
- Evening market in Stallörensparken park, Ekenäs. On Tuesdays 2.6.-10.8. at 15-19.
- Billnäs Village Evening Market on Fridays 24.7.-21.8. at 15-20.
- Bromarv Archipelago Harbor, May to September on Saturdays at 8:30-13 and from June to August also on Fridays at 15-18.
- Tenala, May to October on Fridays at 14-18 and on Saturdays at 8-12.
- Fiskars Village, from May to August daily at 9-18.
- Trollshovda, May to August on Saturdays at 9-11.
- Prästkulla, June to August on Saturdays at 9-12.
- Sandnäsudd, June to August on Saturdays at 9-12.
- Sommaröstrand, Skåldö from June to August on Saturdays at 10-13.
- Don’t miss the legendary Slow Food Festival in Fiskars Village, the first weekend in October!
- Visit the Ekenäs Autumn Market yearly in September – with the nearly 30 000 other visitors.
- Experience the Christmas ambiance in the Christmas Markets of Ekenäs, Billnäs, Fiskars Village and Mörby.