Markets & Local food
Raseborg is a paradise for lovers of quality locally-produced food. There is a dense network of local food lovers, producers and organic farms. A number of farmers sell their products through farm shops, markets and harvest festivals. In recent years Raseborg has also received a welcome influx of artisanal producers in the form of dairies, microbreweries, bakeries and even a distillery. Additionally, forests and meadows offer up a rich variety of wild herbs, berries and mushrooms. In most supermarkets in Raseborg you can find local, seasonal products for sale, especially in summer. If you fancy beverages from the local breweries, you’ll find local beers, ciders and soft drinks in supermarkets, restaurants and pubs.
Locally produced in Raseborg: Our Best Tips
Did you know that there is an exceptionally dense network of local food producers and organic farms in Raseborg? Raseborg is a foodie’s paradise! Locals and tourists alike can enjoy the wide variety and delicious tastes of local, organic food.
In recent years Raseborg has also received a welcome influx of artisanal producers in the form of dairies, microbreweries, bakeries and even a distillery. Raseborg also hosts the Finnish Championship in Food Craftsmanship at the Novia University of Applied Sciences. Here you can also participate in the renowned Slow Food Festival in Fiskars. We have a broad range of locally produced goodies in Raseborg.
- Take a tasting-tour at prizewinning Ägräs distillery, at Rekola brewery and Kuura cider in Fiskars.
- Visit the Backers organic bakery in Bollsta near Fiskars. Their rye bread won gold in the Finnish artisanal food championship in 2016.
- Eat at Köttkontrollen in Karis. Their quality meat dishes are made from scratch with classical and simple flavor combinations. Their concept is based on the principle “from nose to tail”. Meaning every cut of the meat is put to use with minimal waste.
- Take a tour at the culturally and historically unique environment of Svartå Manor. Taste locally produced food at the Svartå Manor restaurant.
Buy locally produced goods in Raseborg
- You can purchase cider and apple juice made from local Finnish apples during apple season at EKTA Brewery in Ekenäs.
- Take a turn off of Tenalavägen and stop by Frimans village shop. Frimans have an impressive assortment of cheeses produced both in Tenala and a little further away, and plenty of other local delicacies. Sockenvägen 19, Tenala
- In Mörby Gård’s shop you can enjoy the countryside atmosphere and buy organic beef, grains, and vegetables produced on the farm.
- On Rilax Gård you can pre-order beef that is raised on clean grass, organic feed and in wonderful living conditions in a beautiful archipelago setting.
- You can buy tasty pastries and delicious bread at Wi-Box and Carl de Mumma in Ekenäs. Aswell as at Lilla hembageriet in Karis.