Outdoors & Hiking
The beautiful outdoors is never far away in Raseborg. You can roam around in impressive, lush forests, on the nature trails, by lakes and in the wonderful archipelago. Not only does Raseborg have numerous breathtaking landscapes, but most of the recreational areas also have historical significance. Here we have listed some of the best hiking destinations in Raseborg. You can also rent a kayak, a SUP board or a bike for your outdoor experience!
Nature paths and recreational areas in Raseborg
Exercise outdoors in Raseborg. Combine physical training and meditative forest therapy: try hiking or cross country running on one of Raseborg’s many nature trails.
- In Västerby Outdoor Recreation Centre there are plenty of well-marked paths surrounded with amazing views. The Enchanted Forest Path is popular among families with children. Västerby is close to Ekenäs, and it is terrific for trekking, disc golf, skiing and orienteering. You can get your map for the area from the tourist information point in Raseborg’s Museum.
- Ramsholmen-Högholmen nature park is like a second home for the locals. The park is a popular picnic destination also loved by dog owners and sunbathers. The nature lovers come to admire the rich vegetation of the area, especially in the spring when the park is full of bloom. Get a map of the area from the tourist-info.
- The Tree Spieces Path and Rissla Forest Trail in Fiskars. fiskarsvillage.fi
- Birdwatchers head to Läppträsket in Karis, where over 160 different bird species can be sighted. The area is also a gold mine for the history fans, for there you can find remains of life all the way back to the Iron Age.
- Dagmar Park near Ekenäs is a conservation area of approximately 40 hectares, which offers for example several small beaches and a peaceful forest atmosphere. The area has always been a popular day trip destination among locals and has for example a natural spring, with clear water to fill your water bottle with. The park is named after the late empress of Russia, Dagmar of Denmark.
Along most nature trails there are places to rest and even fireplaces. In Västerby Outdoor Recreation Centre and the Rissla Forest Trail you can also stay the night in an lean-to shelter.
The Uusimaa outdoors association Uuvi maintains nine recreational areas in Raseborg. Out of these, Kajsas in Pojo, Kolaholm, Långösund and Lövö in Snappertuna, Korpudden in Svartå, and Sandviken in Bromarv are easy to reach by car. For more information about the recreational areas, please check out the website of Uuvi.
Biking and riding
- Cycle through the picturesque scenery of Raseborg! Renting a bike is easy and we have plenty of route options in Raseborg. The routes are suitable for everyone, from experienced cyclists to families with young children.
- If you’d like to step off road and try some adventurous downhill biking, try the Fiskars Village Trail Centre or Påminne Bikepark.
- Would you like to get a new perspective on Finnish nature? Hop on horseback and experience the trails with a galloping friend. We have several stables in different locations, choose your favorite!
To the sea!
Enjoy beautiful views out at sea, on one of our numerous lakes or on the Svartån river, that runs through Karis and the villages of Svartå, and Billnäs. If you’re a kayak enthusiast, we highly recommend checking out this article made by the outdoors media service Finland, Naturally, written regarding kayaking in Ekenäs.
- Stand-up paddling, or SUP as it is more commonly known, is a fantastic means of exercising on water! You can rent a SUP board and take lessons in Fiskars, Bromarv, Svartå or Motel Marine in Ekenäs.
- Discover the islets and reefs of the archipelago by kayak! There is no better way to get close to the nature of the archipelago than by kayak and it is a fun way to exercise outdoors in Raseborg. You’ll see places that are inaccessible by boat or on foot. You can rent a kayak from for example Bromarv, Raseborg’s Castle ruins, Kisakeskus in Pojo or from Ekenäs from Paddlingsfabriken or Wågen.
- Enjoy swimming? Raseborg has plenty of beaches, most of them equipped with a dressing room, a dry toilet, and a dock or a life buoy. After a refreshing swim in the sea, warm up with a game of badminton or beach volleyball!
- Try your fishing skills, with a fishing trip by boat. Read more about fishing activities.
Golf and disc golf in Raseborg
- Try out your swing and enjoy beautiful scenery at the same time on one of Raseborg´s excellent golf courses: Nordcenter and Ruukkigolf in Pojo, and Ekegolf in Ekenäs. This is one of the best ways to exercise outdoors in Raseborg. More information here.
- Have you ever tried disc golf? It’s cheap, challenging and entertaining! Try it in Västerby Outdoor Recreation Centre in Ekenäs, next to Pumpviken in Karis, in Skogby Village, Bromarv or at the Kisakeskus sports institute in Pojo.
Exercise on rainy days
- Visit the swimming hall in Ekenäs.
- Practice yoga in Ekenäs and Karis – BTC Yoga, Lyfte
- Want to workout at a gym? Find Raseborg’s different gyms here.