Tourist information during the holidays in Raseborg
Visit Raseborg wishes to thank everyone who has visited and enjoyed Raseborg during the past year. A Relaxing Christmas and a Joyful New Year to all of you!
If you plan to visit Raseborg during the Christmas holidays, you will find events in our events calendar and on our Facebook page. Should you need a taxi during the holidays, you’ll find different options here.
NOTE! Raseborg’s tourism services are closed 23.12-1.1.2020, but during the holidays you can get tourist information at the newly renovated EKTA museum in Ekenäs between 27-29.12.2019 (closed on new year’s eve and day). At EKTA museum you will also find:
– Brochures and maps of different areas and attractions Raseborg
– Interesting exhibitions, including a permanent exhibition with works by the famous Finnish painter Helene Schjerfbeck, the exhibition Raseborg Through the Ages and various theme exhibitions.
– Public toilets and a ramp for easier acces with wheelchairs and strollers.
– A small café and a museum shop, where you can buy books and small gifts.
– You can also borrow the key to the Ekenäs old water tower for a nice view over Ekenäs (deposit 20 €, which will be repaid when the key is returned).
Events och traditions in Raseborg
The best way to calm down and find that peaceful Christmas atmosphere, is to enjoy a traditional Christmas concert in one of our beautiful old churches. The Raseborg events calendar offers you a list of Christmas markets, exhibitions, concerts and workshops, be sure to check it regularly for new events. You can also look through our selection of events on our Facebook page.
If you happen to celebrate Christmas in Ekenäs, the traditional Christmas Peace is declared on Christmas Eve at 18 o’clock from the stairs of the Old Town Hall next to the market square . During the holidays, you can go out for a walk in our beautiful parks and forests, or enjoy a movie at our cozy retro cinema theaters Bio Pallas in Karis and Bio Forum in Ekenäs.