No boat? No problem!
Raseborg’s archipelago with about 1,300 islands is among the most beautiful in Finland. It offers a range of experiences, from the islands, sounds and bays of the inner archipelago to the open horizon of the outer belt. The summer archipelago offers the world’s best natural meditation. Relax on a sun-warmed rock and enjoy the shimmering sea and warm sea breezes. Listen to the gulls and terns, while sailing boats glide by. If you prefer more active pursuits you can sail, kayak, fish, swim or dive.
For the full archipelago experience you can rent a summer cottage for a week or two. Shop for food and refuel in a genuine archipelago shop and soak up the sunsets on restaurant terraces. Even if you don’t have your own boat, or an entire week to spend, it is easy to organize a day trip to the beautiful archipelago.
Here are our top tips for visiting the archipelago without a boat of your own:
• Take an archipelago cruise to Ekenäs Archipelago National Park in July-August. The tours leave from Norra Hamnen in Ekenäs t
o the ancient fishing settlement of Rödjan on Älgö, and to the fascinating island of Jussarö.
• A trip to the former mining island of Jussarö from Baggö port on Skåldö.
• Kayaking or stand-up paddling is a great way to get close to the unique nature of the archipelago. Click here for SUP and kayak rentals.
• Have a picnic on any one of our sand beaches – with a bit of luck, you’ll be able to have a whole beach to yourself.
• Take a walk to the Ramsholmen-Högholmen nature reserve in Ekenäs and enjoy sea views, sandy beaches and granite promontories.
• Drive to the scenic village of Bromarv or Sandnäsudd in Snappertuna. You can also go by car and ferry to Skåldö, where you’ll find the charming and popular harbour of Sommaröstrand.
• Take a taxi boat excursion, a guided tour of the archipelago or a fishing trip with your family or friends
If you would like to live a real archipelago life you can rent a summer cottage for a week or two, buy food and gas from an authentic archipelago shop and enjoy beautiful sunsets from one of the terasses of the archipelago villages. You find cottages and summer houses to rent here: