Locally produced in Raseborg: Our Best Tips
Did you know that there is an exceptionally dense network of local food producers and organic farms in Raseborg? Raseborg is a foodie’s paradise! Locals and tourists alike can enjoy the wide variety and delicious tastes of local, organic food.
In recent years Raseborg has also received a welcome influx of artisanal producers in the form of dairies, microbreweries, bakeries and even a distillery. What’s more, Raseborg hosts the Finnish Championship in Food Craftsmanship at the Novia University of Applied Sciences, and the renowned Slow Food Festival in Fiskars.
- Take a tasting-tour at prizewinning Ägräs distillery, at Rekola brewery and Kuura cider in Fiskars.
- Visit the Backers organic bakery in Bollsta near Fiskars, whose rye bread won gold in the Finnish artisanal food championship in 2016.
- Eat at the gastropub Köttkontrollen in Karis, whose quality meat dishes are made from scratch with classical and simple flavor combinations. Their concept is based on the principle “from nose to tail”, meaning every cut of the meat is put to use with minimal waste.
- Take a tour of Svartå Brewery in the culturally and historically unique environment of Svartå Manor, and then taste the finished product – ice cold beer – at the Svartå Manor restaurant.
- You can purchase cider and apple juice made from local Finnish apples during apple season at EKTA Brewery in Ekenäs.
- Take a turn off of Tenalavägen and stop by Frimans village shop. Frimans have an impressive assortment of cheeses produced both in Tenala and a little further away, and plenty of other local delicacies. Sockenvägen 19, Tenala
- In Mörby Gård’s shop you can relish in the countryside atmosphere and buy organic beef, grains, root vegetables and potatoes produced on the farm.
- On Rilax Gård you can pre-order beef that is raised on clean grass, organic feed and in wonderful living conditions in a beautiful archipelago setting.
- You can buy tasty pastries and delicious bread at Wi-Box and Carl de Mumma in Ekenäs, aswell as at Lilla hembageriet in Karis.
- Don’t miss the Slow Food Festival in Fiskars, the first weekend in October!
- Enjoy a thoughtful, beautifully presented and delicious fine dining experience at the classy Svartå Manor restaurant, listed in the White Guide Nordic – svartaslott.fi